Buy a Gift Voucher
Experimental Darkroom Skills
Let's f*#$ sh%# up
A good follow up class to our 'Intro To Darkroom' but it is not essential to have previously completed it.
After a darkroom safety induction participants will learn and experiment with creative darkroom printing. Refine your darkroom printing techniques with dodging and burning. Learn how filters can add more depth to your photographs, and some time for experimentation.
The workshop will go for 3 hours.
All materials (including photo paper) will be provided for the class but participants are encouraged to bring along their own b+w negatives if they have them. If not participants will be able to practice using negatives from our stock room.
- Intermediate black and white darkroom operations
- Experiment with filters
- Learn how to dodge and burn your photos by hand
- The basic skillset to operate safely in a darkroom
- An opportunity to experiment with the medium outside of traditional printing
- The skills to print a photograph from a negative
- An introduction to the use of contrast filters and aperture to enhance the photograph
- Black and White negatives (if you have them)
- Apron (optional)
Casual clothes that you don't mind spilling developer on (it can stain)
NOIR Darkroom requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email NOIR Darkroom to organise a refund or transfer
We do not issue refunds on workshops if for any reason participants cannot attend on the day. We can, however, transfer participants into other workshops held at NOIR darkroom if we receive notification prior to 24hours before the class.
For special circumstances please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to work with you to resolve the issue.