Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Intro to Salt Printing
During this Introductory workshop participants will use the early photographic process Salt Printing to create one of a kind images. Utilising objects, the sun and some simple chemistry.
The salt print is one of the earliest recorded techniques in fixed photographic history and creates beautiful rich earthy tones with a slight hint of purple.
This is an easy and recreatable process at home, but it should be noted some of the chemistry can be dangerous or toxic if mishandled, we will teach you the correct and safe use throughout the workshop. We do not recommend this class for persons under the age of 18.
- How to safely use photographic chemistry to create unique prints
- The skills to recreate the process at home
- A brief history of fixed photography
- An understanding of the fundamentals of photography as light and shadow
- All materials are provided, participants are welcome to bring objects and photographic negatives to make photo prints from
Casual. Photo chemicals can stain don't wear anything precious or bring an apron
We do not issue refunds on workshops if for any reason participants cannot attend on the day. We can, however, transfer participants into other workshops held at NOIR darkroom if we receive notification prior to 24hours before the class.
For special circumstances please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to work with you to resolve the issue.